After running in the 1988 State Cross Country meet in Eugene, Oregon as a high school sophomore, CJ gave up running for nearly 20 years before being drawn back into the sport.
CJ caught the “running bug” in 2008 and has not looked back since. He’s dropped over 50 pounds in weight and continues to get faster each year (so far). CJ has competed in well over 150 races ranging from road 5Ks to trail 50Ks. He’s a national class masters runner who enjoys a fast road 5k or a grueling mountain race with lots of elevation gain & loss. Basically, he just plain loves running.
CJ and his wife Shelley reside in Colorado Springs, CO where they are spoiled beyond measure with running trails and sunshine.
CJ’s personal bests since picking up running again:
- Mile – 5:08 (2015)
- 2 Mile – 10:25 (2015)
- 5k – 16:32 (2015)
- 4 mile – 21:37 (2014)
- 5 mile – 28:13 (2014)
- 10 mile – 57:10 (2014)
- Half-Marathon – 1:16:03 (2014)
A few of CJ’s running accomplishments:
- USATF Club Nationals XC 2013 – BRC/Adidas team finished 5th
- Pike’s Peak Ascent – finished 19th overall 2013
- 4th overall in Triple Crown 2013 (Summer Roundup 12k, Garden of the Gods 10 mile, Pikes Peak Ascent)
- 25th overall at 2014 Mt. Washington Road Race
- 12 overall (Masters) at 2015 Carlsbad 5000
Are you interested in taking your running to the next level?