What do you do if your Garmin Forerunner 110 won’t charge or has a blank screen? Unfortunately, the Garmin Forerunner 110 is known to have some issues with not charging or simply having a blank screen. CJ had given me this watch when I first started running more consistently and it helped me stay on track. However, I’ve been having problems with it recently and so did some research on how to correct it.
I thought this information would be helpful to other runners as well, so here it is:
1) Try these simple fixes first.
Here are some simple ideas that worked for some users as posted originally in the Garmin forum online:
- Unplug the charging adapter from your computer and connect the other end to the watch. Then press and hold in the light button for 15 seconds; with the light button depressed, plug the connector to your computer.
- Hold down the Light, Start/Stop, and Lap/Reset buttons for about 30 seconds.
- Hold down all four buttons for about 7 seconds.
- Hold down the Light button for about 6 seconds.
- Hold the “Light” button down for 10 seconds. Wait for the screen to go blank & 10 more seconds for the watch to come back to life. If it does not wake up, plug it into a power source.
- Plug it into a different USB port.
- Leave it plugged in for a few days, and eventually it will spring back to life.
- Attach the USB clip, but don’t attach the clip to a USB port, and hold the Light button for 6 seconds.
2) Check whether there is a firmware update available.
You can do check for firmware updates here: http://connect.garmin.com/firmware
3) Try a master reset.
How to perform a Factory reset for Garmin 110:
NOTE: This will delete all your previously saved workouts on the watch.
- Hold and press start/stop and lap/reset buttons
- Add the light button and it should beep
- Release the start/stop button (upper right) and there should be another beep
- Release the lap/reset button (lower right)
- Release the light button
This worked for me!
4) You can also Contact Garmin Customer Support
If none of the other suggestions work, try contacting Garmin’s support here: http://www.garmin.com/us/support/
Has this happened to you? If so, what worked to bring your Garmin 110 back to life?
**If you’re looking for a powerful recovery aid for those intense workouts or races, look no further than PerfectAmino by BodyHealth. I’ve been using this quality Amino Acid supplement for the past couple years and I also recommend it to those I coach. Give it a try by using code HITZ10 for 10% off your order at BodyHealth.